Saturday, February 12, 2011

Reception - Part 1

In some ways I'm organized about planning this thing and in others I'm a complete mess. I'm hoping putting all my ideas down here will help me when figure things out and make it easier for me to reference things. I don't even know what that last part means.

So, this is some thoughts and ideas for the reception.

ON THE TABLE:
For the tables, the main part is the centerpiece, obviously. However, I'm keeping it pretty simple. Below is a sample from my florist of what Gregg and I had in mind:



It will be three clear vases with white flowers composed of peonies, rancunculus, tulips. The vases will be surrounded by votive candles. I will be providing the votive candles instead of the florist. Cheaper that way. I'm ordering 72 candles from Amazon: ($14.99)


72 candle holders ($26.99) from Amazon:


This way it'll be approximately 58 cents per candle with holder. 4 candles for 12 tables = 48 candles. 24 candles left over for cocktail table, placecard holder table etc.

Yellow maracas for each place setting. On the plate or next to the forks. http://www.amols.com/catalog/product/MX750Y

$1.95 a pair. Approximately 100 needed = 50 pairs. $97.50 total.

Need tags for the maracas. Vistaprint?
Need menu.
Need favor. Tabasco sauce?

1 comment: