Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Luggage Space

So I have a corner in my bedroom that is filled with boxes filled with wedding stuff. This wedding corner is getting wider and taller with each passing day. I look at it and there's an uneasy rumbling in my stomach because I have no idea how I'm going to bring all this stuff to Mexico.

With Jetblue, a person is allowed 1 checked in luggage with a charge of $35 for each additional bag. I'm thinking of bringing two checked in luggage for me and one for Gregg. I'm going to ask my mom, brother, and dad for space in each of their checked in luggage. Hopefully, I'll be able to put stuff in Jen and Eunhye's bag too.

Jen and Eunhye, here's the stuff I'd love if you could have space for in your checked in luggage. Come on, you don't really need space for anything else coz you're going to pretty much be wearing bikinis the whole time right? Right?

So you got your actual OOT bag, first aid kits, playing cards, antibacterial gel, water guns, rolled pashminas (that pink one is just an example - I didn't buy it yet), handkerchiefs (but they'll be rolled), chapsticks, tissues. It'll be 6 of each items.


I'll have a receipt for everything that you can place in the luggage for customs just in case. In any case, if you say it's for a wedding and NOT for resale and if everything is below $300 they're ok with it.

This is how it would look in a small rollaway luggage. I used some random scarves and some of Gregg's t-shirts to serve as the rolled pashminas since I don't have them yet. In all it would take about 1/3 of the small luggage.


I tried to weigh it and it came out to about 6.8 lbs WITHOUT the pashminas. The max lbs is 50lbs for checked in luggage.

I still have a lot of things to bring like the raffia fans, some other gifts etc. But they shouldn't weigh too much. It's not so much that I don't have space in my own luggage, it's the WEIGHT that I'm worried about and I figured that spreading them between different people would definitely help.

No comments:

Post a Comment